RE: Article: How I set off the subway radiation meter

It seems apparent to me that the regulators should focus more on the medical

community, than all of the scrutiny the nuclear power industry faces every day.

Priorities should be patient dose reduction, second hand exposure to others (sort of

like second hand smoke). The power plants have successfully reduced dose. It

makes no sense to quibble over < 1 mrem at a plant, when the dose to others from

medical exposure is allowed to occur without intervention. priorities! Apparently the

AMA lobby is more powerful than all of the various pro-nuclear advocates!

Sandy Perle				Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100

Director, Technical			Extension 2306

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service	Fax:(714) 668-3149

ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.		E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  	E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com