Re: YUCCA YUCCA YUCCA

Hello Radsafe:

     This is from:    jpreisig@aol.com

     Dear Dr. Weiner:

           My apologies.  I didn't mean to imply that Yucca Mountain

researchers

     had done no hydrological modelling.  I'm sure they've been modelling

     the site hydrology, etc. quite well.  I am just suggesting that there

may

     be a few better computer codes to run.

           No, I haven't read the Yucca Mountain Environmental Impact

Statement

     yet.  I am sure it is quite thick.  Now that you've given me a poke in

     the ribs, I may look at it.

          I had heard out here on the East Coast that some of the modelling

     and simulations were not as good as they good be.  Perhaps this is

     just a comment generated by the press.

         Good Luck with your research and work.  I hope Yucca Mountain

    opens some day and starts to receive waste, once all is in order at the

    site.  So, tell me, Dr. Ruth, when will the site be open to receive

    reactor spent fuel???   Is it one year, 10 years, 20 years, etc.????

    Will you be retired before all this happens????

          Not everyone is well educated in Las Vegas in rad health and

    hydrogeology (at least at the master's level in one or the other).  Most

of the

    people I went to school with at Rutgers College ended up being

physicians,

    lawyers or business-people.  Maybe some of them had an introductory

    course in astronomy or geology.  Most of them are terrified of radiation

    and profoundly anti-nuke.  Guess I'm the over-trained freak in the

    group.  Pro-Nuclear too.

         Anyway, good luck in your efforts.

                   Regards,                            J.R. Preisig, Ph.D.