Re: stop the madness

As I said before, none of the original designers ever

said that an accident was not possible.  No one with

half a brain would ever say that an accident was not

possible because, after all, why would they need a

containment if an accident were not possible?

The "they assured us that it couldn't happen" was

likely started by Walter Cronkite during his infamous

"I don't know about you, but I am SCARED" monologue on

national news that night.

Just like the "Too cheap to meter" quote, it has been

twisted around and re-stated so many times such that

people start to believe it.  After all, when you

repeat a lie enough times, people start to believe it.

Even after all of this, even with the capability to

track down the fantom reactor designer who said that

an accident was not possible, Dateline repeated that

claim in their lackluster review of TMI a few months

back.  When I sent a message to the producer, the

response I got back on that particular issue was

something to the effect of, "everybody knows that the

industry told us that an accident couldn't happen."

In other words, they did zero research on the subject

and just took the word of Michael Gray, the Rolling

Stone reporter whom they interviewd as an "expert"

who, by the way, just so happened to be the leading

screen writer for the movie, "The China Syndrome."

Go figure.

Regards,

Tim Steadham, P.E.

http://greetings.yahoo.com