Re: stop the madness

I'd like to thank those who responded to my question on the source of  "too

cheap to meter" and   clarified that subject so well. However, I saw no

response to my other query on who suggested that nuclear power was perfectly

safe.

For example, following the TMI incident/accident/disaster/fiasco (U pick), I

recall seeing  news coverage to the effect that "they" assured us that it

couldn't happen and now it has! You can't trust them etc. etc. Who are the

THEY referred to?

At that time, the most authoritative study on nuclear safety was the 1974

Rasmussen report

(WASH-1400). This was a probabilistic risk assessment that indicated an

accident of TMI magnitude (0 -10 deaths) was not highly unlikely (even if

you buy into the LNT nonsense). So, who was it that suggested nuclear

accidents can't happen? Maybe Norm can help with this one.