Re: HP Position Available in Texas

>  There is more to a job than compensation.

Elaine. You are right on target!

I find that the younger you are, the most important factor seems to be salary. The

older you get, the more important factors surface, such as job satisfaction, making a

difference, community you live in, and the various external opportunities available.

Now that I am up in years, having lived in FL where the salaries were good, and,

there was no state income tax, and now living in CA, where the cost of living is

definitely higher, there isn't anything that would make me move from here.

Compensation is such that I live very comfortably (no matter where you live, you

have to be comfortable, and work to live and not live to work), there is always

something different to do on the weekends, and, you can't beat the weather.

Compensation is important, but, as you so eloquently stated, it is not the most

important factor. When I was back at FPL, employee surveys concluded this as well.

Job satisfaction was more important than increased compensation. The young ..

they'll learn, eventually!

Sandy Perle				Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100

Director, Technical			Extension 2306

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service	Fax:(714) 668-3149

ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.		E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  	E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com