Re: dose limits for members of the public

If what Sandy says below is truly the result....  so be it.  But I don't believe that it is true, any more than it would be true for 'audio'

radiation:

The fact that we know that low levels of 'audio' radiation are harmless does not mean that, in circumstances where levels are high, we do not provide

hearing protection, sound insulation, or engineer alternatives which run more quietly.

Regards,

Chris Davey

--

Provincial RSO / LSO / U-VSO

Alberta Cancer Board, Room 4027, 11560 University Ave,

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T6G 1Z2. (780) 432-8665 fax 432-8986

email: cdavey@med.phys.ualberta.ca    chris.davey@cancerboard.ab.ca

pager number (780) 917-2043