Re: dose limits for members of the public (use of savings)

I stand corrected -- the DOE oversight group is partly funded by DOE.  As far as I know, and I really keep tabs on this, they do nothing for general public information beyond occasionally participating in public meetings put on by another agency.  DOE and Sandia and KAFB do, but not the oversight group of NMED.  Maybe their web page claims something in addition -- i just haven't seen or heard of anything in the last 9 years.

By the way, my point still holds.  DOE spends a good deal locally, and I think (from political pressure) would spend the "oversight" money locally anyway.  DOE here was convinced to abolish the local Citizens' Advisory Board, which came completely out of the local DOE budget (KAO) and is still spending the money in NM.

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com