Re: radon and smoking

Regarding this issue we performed an experiment with LBL-Radon group in one

room. The experiment done with radon source injected into the room (with and

without cigarette smoking) in the same conditions: The results were

published in:

1- Radiation Protection Dosimetry: Vol 24, PP 507-511, 1988

2- Radiation Measurements, Vo. 28, pp 579-584

It showed the no. of aerosol particles(a.p.)=~100 a.p./cc (when the room was

clean) and increased to ~100,000 a.p/cc after lighting 5 cigarette in the

same room with the same experimental condition.

As a results, the radon concentration increased tremendously. For that

Please see the figures in those papers. If you are interested, and you don't

have an access to these journals, send me your address and I will send you a

copy of the papers.

Best regards

Dr. F. Abu-Jarad