RE: News on BNL Deer -Factors at play?

If the limit for humans is 9 pCi and it takes 64 pounds to cause potential

"damage" to humans and assuming that this is the pCi content used for

"damage".  I see that there are about 29,090.91 grams in 64 pounds.  Then

the 21 pCi talked about needs to be the correct unit and the pCi/gm would be

7.22E-4 pCi/gm.   If I used my fingers and toes correctly.

Chris A. Marthaller, RRPT

Sr. Training Coordinator, WIPP

(505) 234-8661

Chris.Marthaller@wipp.ws

I alone am to blame for my statements.

"If we keep doing what we are doing, we will keep getting what we are

getting." ANON

After several radiation tests on the deer, lab scientists found it contained

21 picocuries of radioactive material. A picocurie is a unit used to measure

radioactivity.

Last year, deer collected around the lab averaged 1.64 picocuries, although

one registered 11 picocuries, Green said.