RE: News on BNL Deer -Factors at play?

	I get a few different numbers.  If the limit for humans is 9 pCi,

and it takes 64 lbs. of muscle to be eaten for a person to injest 9 pCi, and

there are 29091 g in 64 lbs, then dividing 9 by 29091 gives 0.0003094

pCi/gm.  But this fawn contained 21 pCi (total?) which would make it a total

of 64 X 21 / 9, or 149.33 lbs. (of muscle on this fawn), not counting

internal organs and bone and skin.  That's a pretty big fawn, no?  So I have

to agree with others that something is missing in the news item.

Furthermore, assuming the muscle was chopped up into a Marinelli beaker,

counted on a GeLi, with only the counts in the Cs-137 peak, how long a count

time would be required to obtain a reading of 3.1E-4 pCi/g?  I didn't have

the time to do those calcs.

Bob Scott, RPO

Roger Williams Medical Center

Providence, RI