Re: Where the Deer and LNT-lope play?

In 1988, I was working at the beautiful (and I mean it) Shoreham Nuclear Station. In one of my jounts around the area, I found myself on the south perimeter fence of BNL admiring the lovely wooded area. I had come to a stop sign, and just as I took off a deer bounded from the woods and landed in front of my car. Well, I had apparently stunned and physically damaged the deer. A passer-by noticed the problem and went for help. A BNL truck came by next. The man who got out looked at the deer, went back to his truck and retrieved a hammer, and killed the deer with a blow to the head. We placed the deer in the back of the truck. I asked what would happen to the deer and he had responded that they would take care of the carcass inside the compound. Well, I thought nothing more of it and a Sherriff had just pulled up. He agreed to the whole thing and since my car was still driveable, I went off to get it checked out. After all the bru-ha, I sort of wish I had a meter on me that day (NOT!).

Dan Mackney