Re: Colorado radiation conspiracy

At 04:58 PM 3/4/2002 -0500, dkosloff1 wrote:

>Is there any

>government official who will tell the truth about the high natural

>background dose areas in Colorado (name and phone number or email address)

>or a web site that has that information?  Does anybody know why this

>information is being surpressed?

>Somebody in Pittsburgh has set up a G-M meter with a real time readout on

>the web.

>http://www.metafire.com/radmonitor/index.html

>Has anyone done that in Colorado or Wyoming?  I have done several web

>searchs and found no accurate infomation on Colorado.

Although not addressing your specific questions, the following may be of

interest:

http://newnet.lanl.gov/

I'd suggest checking out some of the links in this site (they may point to

your specific questions).

"NEWNET (Neighborhood Environmental Watch Network) is a network of

environmental monitoring

stations, and data storage and data processing systems, with public access

to the data through the

Internet. This allows interested members of the public to have constant

access to the stations so they can

observe the results at any time. A station manager from each community has

access to researchers and

support organizations that can provide technical assistance if needed.

Station Managers serve as liaisons

to their communities and can help citizens understand measurements.

NEWNET was started in 1993 with stations in Nevada, California, Utah, and

New Mexico. It is based

on concepts developed by the Department of Energy for the Community

Monitoring Program at the

Nevada Test Site Nuclear Testing Facility. These concepts date back to the

Three Mile Island Nuclear

Power Reactor accident in the late 1970's.

Stations can vary in configuration. Most NEWNET stations have sensors for

monitoring wind speed and

direction, ambient air temperature, barometric pressure, relative humidity

and ionizing gamma radiation.

Wind data are not checked for quality assurance and are not guaranteed."

My interest in these stations earned a trip assembling and disassembling a

station a couple of years ago.

Regards,

Erik

Erik F. Shores