Re: Colorado radiation

OK....I 'did the numbers' for the patch of lawn close

to a rain gutter at someone's house in Longmont,

Colorado, for the place somewhere in Pittsburgh, and

for the 'best' place in New Mexico which was Ohkay =

San Juan Pueblo.  The other locations in NM had lower

readings than Ohkay.  I used 'averages' of 23.179

microR/h for Longmont, Colorado 15.70 microR/h for

Pittsburgh, and 18.5 microR/h for Ohkay obtained from

the web sites.

[Then multiply by 24 h/day and by 365 day/y; and

convert micro into milliR].

I got yearly outdoor readings of:

137.532 mR/y in Pittsburgh PA

162.060 mR/y at Ohkay = San Juan Pueblo NM

203.048 mR/y in Longmont, Colorado.

For human doses, of course, these don't include

internal K-40.  I assume all detectors are outside, so

they don't include much radon.  Also, no

dentists/M.D.'s are giving those patches of grass any

x-rays.  :-)

The elevation at Longmont, CO is a somewhat

disappointing (by Colorado standards) 4940 to 5120

feet above sea level.  The elevation at Ohkay is 5640

feet above sea level.

Wonder what a detector in Leadville would say.  For

the 'reverse,' wonder what a detector in Lousiana or

some other coastal Plain location would say?

http://www.longmont.com/communty.htm

http://newnet.lanl.gov/comment.asp?number=1701&loc=36

~Ruth 2

http://home.att.net/~robertson_family/radmonitor/ -