Frequency of Surveys During Reactor Outages

Radsafers,

I have very little experience in operating nuclear power stations and would like to ask a question.

How often are radiation surveys done during outages? I know, of course, that "it depends on circumstances".  But I would like to get a sense of the range of frequencies for surveys of areas scheduled for and during maintenance work. Are surveys done weekly, daily, every shift, twice per shift, 4 times per shift?

Any personal experience or power station site policy on this would be appreciated.

Regards,

Wes

Wesley R. Van Pelt, PhD, CIH, CHP

Wesley R. Van Pelt Associates, Inc.

Consulting in Radiation Safety and Environmental Radioactivity.

http://home.att.net/~wesvanpelt/Radiation.html

mailto:wesvanpelt@att.net