Re: pstd -- another question

Some time ago, Norman Cohen volunteered to answer my question about the use of the term "mobile Chernobyl" to describe spent nuclear fuel and radioactive materials transportation.  The question (paraphrased):

Do you, or does your organization, use this term in this way, and if you do, what is the basis for this use?

This question actually dovetails into the ongoing discussion about post-traumatic stress:

Would calling transportation of spent nuclear fuel "mobile Chernobyl"  either cause traumatic stress to those living along the transportation routes  or cause post-traumatic stress disorder?

Transportation of spent nuclear fuel is not, and cannot be, "mobile Chernobyl."  This is a total, egregious mischaracterization.  The phrase is used, and reiterated, by a number of anti-nuclear groups.  I would be happy to explain WHY it is a mischaracterization, but I believe RADSAFERs know why.  If anyone doesn't, please let me know.

My question is real adn straightforward, and I would like to know what everyone thinks.

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com