PTSD

Mike,

My point was directed specifically at what were the initiating events that

may have caused PTSD around TMI.   At the time of the accident, it was

indeed a nightmare for many people.  The points I made speak directly to that.

I know of no instance where the government is handing out sacks of money

related to PTSD following TMI.  And if they were, I would hope that only

people with clinically diagnosed PTSD related to the event would show up at

the drive through window.  We need to learn by the mistakes made and turn

our attention to contingency planning and education to minimize the errors

that previously occurred.

Bill

R. William Field, M.S., Ph.D.

College of Public Health

Department of Epidemiology

Department of Occupational and Environmental Health

N222 Oakdale Hall

University of Iowa

Iowa City, Iowa  52242

bill-field@uiowa.edu