Re: Criticality accident

The last accident was very recent, September 1999 in Japan. The

details of the accident and the deaths of the 2 workers was covered

in detail on radsafe.

Based on the accident in Japan it seems that those responsible for

the safe handling/processing of these materials have not learned from

the past. That is, the accident in Japan was not only one that should

have been prevented, it was one that required the violation of

procedures to cause.

This does not seem to be a problem that has been solved.

Paul Lavely <lavelyp@uclink4.berkeley.edu>