Re: Dental X-Ray Shielding Requirements

Some yes, some no - do the calculations.

I'd suspect a very small room with a secretaries desk on the other side

(full time non occupational) and a busy practice would indeed need

shielding.

I have done calculations for a large spacious operatory and even

included attenuation from the furniture (cabinets etc.) and was able to

show that it WAS legal by State limits - but NOT my limits of 1/10 of

that.  However, it was for prison inmates - and there were other

overwhelming factors requiring considerable openness.

Sometimes just the sheet rock (or maybe a little more) is enough.

It's all in the numbers - and the justifications.