From: Dukelow, James S Jr [mailto:jim.dukelow@pnl.gov]

Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 5:02 PM

To: 'Jim Muckerheide'; maury; Radiation Safety

Subject: RE: 16th Anniversary of Chernobyl accident

Jim Muckerheide wrote:

-----Original Message-----

From: Jim Muckerheide [mailto:jmuckerheide@cnts.wpi.edu]

Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 4:23 PM

To: maury; Radiation Safety

    <snip>

The false premise of radiation hazards from nuclear power, 'dirty bombs,

etc. is becoming ever more clear. :-) Let's remember that NO ONE in the

public was injured or killed by CHERNOBYL, with NO evacuation, compared to

the hysterical consequences claimed by the regulators and politicians!

Regards, Jim

======================

To this generally sympathetic semi-naive observer, the thyroid cancer echo

of Chernobyl seems pretty well established.  My understanding is that there

have been a few deaths.  Further, thyroid cancer itself seems pretty clearly

to qualify as an injury.

Best regards.

Jim Dukelow

Pacific Northwest National Laboratory

Richland, WA

jim.dukelow@pnl.gov

These comments are mine and have not been reviewed and/or approved by my

management or by the U.S. Department of Energy.