RE: 16th Anniversary of Chernobyl accident

Name one. I gave you have the documents. Where is there a thyroid cancer death? The "three" reported in 1996 were rejected by the Russians because 2 weren't exposed, and the third, in a low dose area, was victim of medical failures. See Annex J of the UNSCEAR 2000 report, and the sources you chose to <snip> from the msg.

But I meant the "early deaths" from the accident. None. From the most egregious, extreme, radiological event, from criticality transient producing additional short-lived radionuclides ejected instantaneously and directly through the building into the environment, then to burn for 10 days, beyond our contemplation. No evacuation. But NO deaths or injuries!

Whether thyroid cancers are a result is accepted but very debatable, but the combination of short-lived radionuclides and the failure to stop eating local produce and milk should have caused vast consequences (unless you actually consider the 100 million+ medical exposures to I-131). But even then, there are about 1 out of 100,000 exposed children (virtually all from 5 months before birth to 5-7 years old), with POOR correlation with dose, a highly treatable effect, uncertain effects from just the heightened screening for thyroid conditions that exist is an essentially trivial consequence. It's less than what we take as normal operation for fossil fuels; perhaps less than exposures from chemical plants, fires, accidents etc if we bothered to put >$100+ million into following such exposures.

But since our jobs are to "protect the public from radiation," we must continue to misrepresent the magnitude, and even the nature, of the hazard, to continue to extract our blood money from the gullible public that we are so committed to misinform. But it's a good-paying job.

Regards, Jim