        From:   Ted Rockwell [SMTP:tedrock@CPCUG.ORG]
        Sent:   Wednesday, 27 March 2002 13:32
        To:     SAFarberMSPH@CS.COM; tstead@ntirs.org;
radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
        Subject:        RE: Davis Besse comments -R. Hoffman rant

        But friends, if you wanted to go to a good, authoritative source,
cyber or paper, to give people the proper view of things and respond to the
Hoffmans, where would you suggest?

        No one I know writes the antidote for these things.  We're always
writing for school children or politicians or English-major reporters.  No
one writes a proper response to the Hoffmans.  Everyone I've talked to in
the nuclear community has some reason why we should not write such things.

        I don't know any other field in which this death-wish situation
exists.  It reminds me of the Gilbert & Sullivan lyrics (Mikado? Iolanthe?)
about the guy "who praises every century but this and every country but his
own."

        When you draft something, you're told "The public will never buy
it."  So we leave them to the Hoffmans.

        Ted Rockwell

        Ted Rockwell

This e-mail is intended for the addressee(s) named and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the Environment Protection Authority.