Off topic

By your tolerance, you have permitted me to share vicariously in many of

your joys and sorrows, your attaboys and your awsh...ts, and your

knowledge of the nuclear world. Please accept one in reverse.

The bandage was removed this morning from yesterday's cataract surgery

(about a ten minute task) from my first eye. WOW! One of the more

remarkable experiences in my life! The effect was immediate and, in

spite of being informed what to expect, the recovery of this kind of

vision is utterly amazing. I'm sure some of you are just smiling

knowingly; many of the rest of you will one day have a similar thrilling

revelation. Now, vision through the untreated eye resembles looking

through a badly smudged Y1 black and white photographic filter! Great

jumpin' butterballs!!!!

This is not nuclear, but it is not difficult to extend empathy with

folks experiencing some of the gains now possible through nuclear

medicine. Utterly amazing! I did recently experience a nuclear exercise

stress test and the heart photos from that procedure were truly

remarkable.

To the anti-nuclear zealots: fie upon your house!

Best wishes to all 4,000 (or whatever) Radsafers,

Maury Siskel       maury@webtexas.com