Re: Indian Scientists Use Radiation to Cure Flatulence

Dear Ruth

I have stated before and will state again that I support nuclear

medicine. Xrays, MRI's, and Catscans have helped both me and my kids -

we've all had surgery for an inherited condition call familial multiple

exotoses, basically cartiledge/bone spurs that can grow in the wrong

place. I support the use of radiation in medicine. Doctors should have

all options available to them.

I have not made up my mind about food irradiation, though I would tend

to oppose it for now. I'd like long term studies

looking at what might happen if one ate irrdadiated food continually

over many years. Its not an issue I've looked at in any depth.

Paul L sent you NIRS's webpage explaining Mobil Chern. I would stand by

NIRS's explanation.

As far as replacing nukes with alternatives - you won't like my answer,

but its the same one I've posted before - its a matter of political

will. I'm looking at phasing nukes out over some time period like 20

years, and phasing in alternatives. IEER and UCS both have detailed

proposals on this issue, and I defer to their expertise.

Of course, if we shutdown all the nukes tomorrow, there would be major

problems. Thats why I support a phase out, starting with the worse

clunkers, like IP2, Oyster Creek, the 2 salems.

Hope this helps. Sorry you don't like my lame attempts at humor. Life it

too darn short to be serious all the time.

Peace

Norm

--

Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr

Ave., Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8583 or 609-601-8537;

ncohen12@comcast.net  UNPLUG SALEM WEBSITE:

http://www.unplugsalem.org/  COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE WEBSITE:

http://www.coalitionforpeaceandjustice.org   The Coalition for Peace and

Justice is a chapter of Peace Action.

"First they ignore you; Then they laugh at you; Then they fight you;

Then you win. (Gandhi) "Why walk when you can fly?"  (Mary Chapin

Carpenter)