Re: Response to Norman Cohen

Norm,

Please be specific --- what are the "alternative methods for making these isotopes" ?
Please [clearly] address how these [medical use] isotopes can be produced
[and in the quantities that are needed to address the existing patient demand].

In making the statement(s):
"I also understand that there are alternative methods for making the isotopes."
and "Either way is fine with me."
You are stating that you know of an alternative method [for making these isotopes
in the quantities that will meet the current patient demand] that is at least equal or
superior to the current [commercial reactor] method.

What is the alternative method?

Doug

Douglas D. Jackson
Medical Physicist & consumer of isotopes
St. Louis, MO
---------------------------
Norman Cohen wrote:
3CA5DCB9.142440D0@comcast.net">
Ruth,
I'm no expert, but I understand that there are small reactors like the
one in Australia, who's purpose is to make medical isotopes. I also
understand that there are alternative methods for making these isotopes.
Either way is fine with me. My focus is the commercial nukes.

As far as NIRS, again, I'm not NIRS' representative to Radsafe, so feel
free to take it up with them.

As far as my humor, I know you don't find it funny, so I'm sorry, but no
free tickets for you when I start my new career as a stand-up comic
after I've gotten Salem shut down. ;-)

norm

RuthWeiner@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 3/29/02 2:41:39 PM Mountain Standard Time,