Re: education and training

The IAEA has recently reviewed many documents on training, I worked as IAEA

consultant, some are:

a) Training in Radiation Protection and the Safe Use of Radiation Sources -

IAEA Safety Report 20, 2001

In the annex VII you can find example of a questionnaire for the evaluation

of training by the participants

b) Building Competence in Radiation Protection and the Safe Use of Radiation

Sources, IAEA Safety Guide  RS-G-1.4, 2001

In France P. Lirsac CEA worked also in both doc.

I recommend also to take a look at IAEA site

http://www.iaea.org/ns/rasanet/training/index.htm

you can run two modules in Nuclear Medicine:

Principles of Radioactive Iodine-131 Therapy

Principles of Radioactive Iodine-131 Therapy - Procedures Guide

To give you a specific example, I mention Brazil. In Brazil there are two

Centres to train in Radiation Protection Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo

Rio de Janeiro: Institute of Radiation Protection and Dosimetry -

http://www.ird.gov.br/

Sao Paulo: Institute of Nuclear and Energy Research: http://www.ipen.br/

Both are under the Brazilian Nuclear Energy Commission, and in both sites

there are some English option, look at the sites in training and ask your

questions in English or French

The Brazilian Nuclear Energy Commission has agreement with the Brazilian

College of Radiology and makes a final exam on Radiation Protection to

Medical Doctors, written and oral. The Brazilian Nuclear Energy Commission

also has an agreement with the Brazilian Association on Medical Physics,

which also gives part of the final exam.

I hope this helps

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel