Re: Threshold

 From: "Sandy Perle" <sandyfl@EARTHLINK.NET>

> BRC - Below Regulatory Concern.. A necessary concept that was

> ultimately defeated (even though we have these BRC philosophies in

> many of our regulations anyway - just not so obvious)!

Not right. BRC is exactly the WRONG concept.

BRC effectively said, "low doses may be hazardous, but we don't care because

it costs too much to protect you." Congress intervened (reasonably so).

This is also EXACTLY what ICRP is now trying to do. (At even lower dose

levels.)  Political action will then respond (confirm or reject, to push for

lower limits). The policy will then have NO "health risk" component, and

ICRP will not have to justify its fraudulent bases in order to maintain the

power and public costs of extreme rad protection.

The RIGHT concept is to address the health risk. Without biological/health

effects, EPA's annual 4 mrem levels (ground water and Yucca Mountain)  and

ICRP's 0.01-0.1 mSv levels, adds NO risk with world natural rad variation

from  <60 mrem (0.6 mSv) to >30 rem (300 mSv) in Ramsar, or say 3 rem (30

mSv) in the U.S. (or pick your own).

We've seen real people understand that, IF we were to actually TELL them.

(Who will!?)

Regards, Jim