Re: Threshold

On 18 Apr 2002 at 21:35, muckerheide wrote:

> BRC effectively said, "low doses may be hazardous, but we don't care

> because it costs too much to protect you." Congress intervened

> (reasonably so).

Jim,

Your's is the first time I've seen anyone use the above

rationalization. The only justification I've heard was that the BRC

doses were such that there was no need for regulatory intervention in

that there was no risk.

If you can refer me to documentation that states your position, I'd

be happy to seek it out.

Thanks,

Sandy

Sandy Perle				Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100

Director, Technical			Extension 2306

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service	Fax:(714) 668-3149

ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.		E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  	E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com