Re: Threshold

Hi Sandy,

Confused. NRC talked about "cost."  Did they ever say there was NO risk? I

thought they said "very small," "trivial," "negligible," and otherwise as

just "too small to spend money on!" You can find a thousand places where the

case was. Why else would Congress tell NRC to stuff it?  :-)

See e.g., DOE:

http://www.em.doe.gov/peis/prop3322.html

One party said to Congress that instead of BRC it should be called

"Premeditated Random Institutional Murder (PRIM)."

Let me know if you have any ref where NRC said/documented that "there is no

risk below 10 mrem!!"  :-)

Regards, Jim

 From: "Sandy Perle" <sandyfl@earthlink.net>