RE: Dental radiology; xeroradiography

Sorry I cannot agree.  It is clear that a great deal of time,

effort, and money has been squandered in attempts to achieve

miniscule reductions in radiation doses already so low that the

reduction makes no difference.  However, in the case of intraoral

dental radiography, the reduction is achieved at NO cost in time,

effort, or image quality--and may even save a little money in

reduced wear and tear on the x-ray machine.

--On Thursday, April 18, 2002 11:33 AM -0400 Ted Rockwell

<tedrock@cpcug.org> wrote:

>> I think

> we all agree that if we can reduce unnecessary radiation exposure

> at no cost, then we should do so.  This has nothing to do with

> LNT.  It is just common sense.

> No, that has nothing to do with common sense.  It's just LNT.

> Ted Rockwell

S. Julian Gibbs, DDS, PhD               Voice: 615-322-1477

Professor, Emeritus

Dept. of Radiology & Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University Medical Center     Home: 615-356-3615

209 Oxford House        Email:s.julian.gibbs@vanderbilt.edu

Nashville TN 37232-4245     or alias:j.gibbs@vanderbilt.edu