3M Cs-137 Brachytherapy Sources and MRC Am-241 Sources Available

We are currently pursuing disposal options for a number of our sealed

sources.  We have two groups of sources from our hospital license that I

thought might be useful to others.  We'd certainly like to find a home for

them, if possible.

Group 1 - 87 Cs-137 brachytherapy sources

Manufacturer:  3M

Model No.: 6D6C-CA (Series 6500)

Current Activity:  14.5 - 18.4 mCi each

SS&D Registry No.: NR-460-S-906-S

These sources were originally used in a "cell irradiator".

Group 2 - 20 Am-241 sources

Manufacturer:  Monsanto Research Company

Model No.: 2704

Current Activity: 711 - 1010 mCi each

SS&D Registry No.: NR-882-S-802-S

These Am-241 sources were used in a "thyroid x-ray fluorescence scanner" a

number of years ago.

If you know of options for re-use or you are interested in obtaining one or

more of these sources, please contact me off-list.

Thanks,

Keith Carsten, CHP

Radiation Control Office

University of Arizona