Banned from Yet Another List

So this is what I do when I'm censored.  I announce it.  I've been informed

that I've been silenced on yet another list, for things I did not even post

to the list!

This time it's Sierra Club's Federal Facilities/Nuclear Waste Task Force

CONS-EQST-FED-FACILITIES-COMM@LISTS.SIERRACLUB.ORG

Join the list at

http://lists.sierraclub.org/SCRIPTS/WA.EXE?SUBED1=cons-eqst-fed-facilities-comm&A=1

:-)

Dr. Ruth may want to subscribe.  A couple of people cowardly mentioned her.

I've included one below.  The other one said to please unsubscribe her if

Dr. Ruth was a member.

>From: Tori Woodard <toriwoodard@scinternet.net>

>To: CONS-EQST-FED-FACILITIES-COMM@LISTS.SIERRACLUB.ORG

>Subject: Jim Hoerner should be removed from list

>Dear Jim,

>     I have received a copy of an e-mail that you apparently posted on the

>radsafe list.  If you are the same Jim Hoerner who posted it, you should

>not be

>on the Sierra Club's Federal Facilities/ Nuclear Waste Task Force list.  I

>have

>pasted in your radsafe e-mail below your posting to our list about the MOX

>plan,

>so that everyone on the Federal Facilities/Nuclear Waste Task Force list

>can see

>what you told the radsafe people.

>     At this time I would like to ask Doris Cellarius or whoever monitors

>the

>Federal Facilities/Nuclear Waste Task Force list to initiate a process to

>remove

>Jim Hoerner from the list.  As I am new to the list myself, I don't know

>what

>your process is, but I know we can't strategize effectively with an

>adversary

>undercutting our list.  I for one will not feel comfortable sharing

>strategy

>ideas until Jim is off the list.

>Tori Woodard

>Nuclear Waste Chair, Conservation Chair

>Glen Canyon Group

[snip my post to RadSafe encouraging people to DO SOMETHING]

>From: Karl Johanson <karljohanson@shaw.ca>

>If in fact you're that afraid of opinions which don't meet with your

>personal definition of "official truth" then I'd as soon you dropped me

>from

>the list as well.

>"Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind."

>---General William Westmoreland

>Science works, not because scientists are necessarily the smartest people,

>but because scientists admit the possibility that they are wrong, invite

>commentary on their work. Also the scientific method has checks and

>balances

>against error. Science is a method of striving to discover the truth, it's

>not something one can point at and claim to be truth. However, when you

>decide you already know the truth & that you must censor those who disagree

>with that 'truth', you're in the realm of superstition, not science.

>I invite you to think about and retract what you said Tori.

>Karl Johanson

>Peace

>From: Jim Hoerner <jim_hoerner@hotmail.com>

>Thank you very much, Karl.  I salute you, sir.

>Like you, I value freedom of speech.  While I disagree with what Tori said,

>I respect his or her right to say it.  I cannot emphasize that strongly

>enough.

>Censorship is easy.  Respecting multiple viewpoints takes effort.

[snip]

>I do not understand why someone would want to censor me for wanting  the US

>and Russia to cooperate on the destruction of literally thousands of

>plutonium warheads.  While it may be self-centered (I have two small

>children), I believe that using these warheads in reactors to produce

>electricity to power cities for the good of humanity is much better than

>letting them fall into the hands of terrorists that would use them to

>destroy cities.

>Best regards, all.  And hello, or farewell, as the case may be.

>Jim Hoerner

>Manager of the Yahoo Group Know_Nukes, where all viewpoints are respected.

>From: Citizen Alert-Vegas <Kalynda@citizenalert.org>

>I have to say I totally agree with Tori. I have not posted to this

>list except an occasional news clipping, nor have I put out an intro

>because I have no idea what it may end up being used for with Mr.

>Horner on this list.  It is not about censorship, it is about feeling

>safe to strategize or letting people know your background without it

>being used for "ulterior motives".  And I have the same feelings that

>Susan Dayton has about Ruth Weiner ever since since I meet her.  If

>this is going to be an open discussion list, that is one thing, but

>to strategize will take a closed moderated list that everyone knows

>who everyone is and what business they are about.  I think a lot of

>great things have happened and been discussed on this list and I

>would love to more than just lurk.

>That's my two cents worth.  Thanks for being brave enough to say

>something Tori.

>Kalynda Tilges

>Nuclear Issues Coordinator

>Citizen Alert - Las Vegas

>P.O.Box 17173

>Las Vegas, NV   89114

>702-796-5662  Voice

>702-796-4886  Fax

>"mailto:kalynda@citizenalert.org";

>http://www.citizenalert.org

[I attempted to reply to this pst and point out that Kalynda of Citizen

Alert is currently a member of Know_Nukes (the very first person to

subscribe as a matter of fact), and I would never consider banning her.  My

post bounced, though.]

Regards,

Jim

--

Hold the door for the stranger behind you.  When the driver a

half-car-length in front of you signals to get over, slow down.  Smile and

say "hi" to the folks you pass on the sidewalk.  Give blood.  Volunteer.