Re: Banned from Yet Another List

I have recieved a tremendous amount of personal feedback with regard to

both positive and negative.  I greatly appreciate it.  Please forgive me for

taking up further space on RadSafe and Know_Nukes addressing the rather

trivial issue of me being banned yet again.

First, to the anti's...

I stand proudly behind my statements that using plutonium warheads to

produce electricity is the only way to get them off the face of the earth

and out of the hands of terrorists.  I don't know why some think that their

viewpoints are so absolutely correct that others should not have the chance

to express theirs.  That is rather arrogant.  Please, feel free to express

whatever (nuclear-related) views you like at Know_Nukes.  I assure you that

you will learn a thing or two.  That is, assuming you wish to learn and

don't simply have a closed mind.

However, it is quite clear that the reason I was banned from the little

Sierra listserve was a post I made to RadSafe, and the desires for my

censorship from a few list members.

That's fine with me.  It is just another example of who has things to hide.

I put my words out for public view, for public scrutiny, because the facts

are on my side.  Others cower on private lists, because they

are afraid to have their words critically reviewed.  It works against them.

I debate words.  Not affiliations nor political affiliations.  I don't care

if you are the CEO of Greenpeace or an anonymous email address; I will treat

you the same.  It is what you write that concerns me.

I am not a fanatic.  I realize that all technologies have their problems and

benefits.  The difference is, I acknowledge them.  If you are against MOX,

you are pro-weapons, whether you know it or not.  If you are against Yucca,

you are pro dry-storage.  If you are anti-nuclear power, you are pro coal

power.  And so on.  In each case, you are part of the problem, not the

solution, IMO.  I'd be gald to discuss these issues further, but I prefer it

to be in public, rather than private.  My time is limited since I do this on

my own time, and I prefer to have a large impact for my time spent.  No

offense intended, but I don't see you changing your views.  Join me at

Know_Nukes where a large pro- undecided- and anti-nuclear audience listens.

If you are worried about anonymity, you needn't be.  See

I strictly enforce these rules, and my personal integrity is such that even

you can trust me.  My word is my word.

To the pro's:

Believe me, there is so much more that I do than you see on RadSafe.  I have

taken action on every one of Maury's suggestions (big, big kudos to Maury),

I hope that you will do the same.  I try to be professional (although I do

this on my own time), but I occasionally blow.   I greatly appreciate your

encouragement.  It motivates me.

Ironically, those that claim they do not want me around their lists, come to

my list (Know_Nukes).  They don't want me to speak or listen where they hang

our, but I WANT them to speak where I do.  I want them to listen and learn

from me, and vice versa.  I learn a thing or two from them.  Norm is cool

(most of the time :-)).

If only 10% of the industry would do something every day to counter the

misinformation of literally hundreds of groups out there, there would be a

groundswell of support for nuclear technologies.  Unfortunately, I am not

the smartest guy around, and that's why I encourage the better-armed to join

me in what I can only classify as a battle for truth, for the benefit of

humanity.

--

Hold the door for the stranger behind you.  When the driver a

half-car-length in front of you signals to get over, slow down.  Smile and

say "hi" to the folks you pass on the sidewalk.  Give blood.  Volunteer.