Re: FLYOVER SHOWS INDIAN POINT'S A SITTING DUCK

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: muckerheide <muckerheide@attbi.com>

An: Bjorn Cedervall <bcradsafers@HOTMAIL.COM>; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

<radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Samstag, 27. April 2002 18:27

Betreff: Re: FLYOVER SHOWS INDIAN POINT'S A SITTING DUCK

> From: "Bjorn Cedervall" <bcradsafers@HOTMAIL.COM>

>>> local residents weren't informed for quite some time. If they had

>>> been told, and evacuated, the effects would have been reduced

>>> significantly.

>> What effects?

>> ---

>> About 2000 children (Chernobyl) got thyroid cancer - at least about 30 of

>> them died and at least about 100 have chronic problems and cannot be

treated

>> properly.

>> My personal comment only,

>> Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com

>Not true. The few (1800, about 1 in 100,000 exposed persons) thyroid

cancers

>are not "local residents." Association with dose is weak.  No  associated

>deaths. (The 3 deaths first identified in the 10-year update were shown to

>be:  2 not exposed, 1 very low dose area death due to medical error. Pers

>comm UNSCEAR after June 2000 reported no deaths.) See:

>http://cnts.wpi.edu/rsh/Docs/OtherDocs/UN-Chernobyl/index.html

>Regards, Jim

Thank you for your enlightment. I suppose that all victims of nuclear power

and radioactive isotopes are all just cases of psychosomatic stress. While I

destain most of those claims of the affected formerly Sovjet republics as

being only politically motivated - "We suffer so much - send us money" - I

even more reject voices claiming that the Chernobyl accident has not done

any harm to anybody. It has not done any harm to the Western European

Countries - even restrictions of selling vegetables and fruits has not

harmed financially the producers. But it has definitely done harm to people

living in the areas most affected in the Ukraine, Bjelarussia and Russia.

Jim, the criterion of harm is not only restricted to death. You obviously

have not experienced harm like immobility, thyroid misfunction, cardiac

infarction etc. I wish you that you will never experience it. In my opínion

any other harm cannot be neglected. But of course you will find an

argumentation, that there have not been any adverse effects. Don't you think

that your statements harm the interests of collegues, who want to have a

balanced discussion on nuclear  issues?

Yes, you do not agree with me, please tick the approriate box....

Franz