Re: FLYOVER SHOWS INDIAN POINT'S A SITTING DUCK

 From: "Franz Schoenhofer" <franz.schoenhofer@chello.at>

> Von: muckerheide <muckerheide@attbi.com>

>> From: "Bjorn Cedervall" <bcradsafers@HOTMAIL.COM>

>>> What effects?

>>> ---

>>> About 2000 children (Chernobyl) got thyroid cancer - at least about 30 of

>>> them died and at least about 100 have chronic problems and cannot be

>>> treated properly.

>>> Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com

>> Not true. The few (1800, about 1 in 100,000 exposed persons) thyroid

>> cancers are not "local residents." Association with dose is weak.  No

>> associated deaths. (The 3 deaths first identified in the 10-year update

>> were shown to be:  2 not exposed, 1 very low dose area death due to

>> medical error. Pers comm UNSCEAR after June 2000 reported no deaths.)

>> See:

>> http://cnts.wpi.edu/rsh/Docs/OtherDocs/UN-Chernobyl/index.html

>> Regards, Jim

> Thank you for your enlightment. I suppose that all victims of nuclear power

> and radioactive isotopes are all just cases of psychosomatic stress. While I

Not "all," just those with low to moderate doses.

> destain most of those claims of the affected formerly Sovjet republics as

> being only politically motivated - "We suffer so much - send us money" - I

> even more reject voices claiming that the Chernobyl accident has not done

> any harm to anybody.

Didn't say that.

>It has not done any harm to the Western European

> Countries - even restrictions of selling vegetables and fruits has not

> harmed financially the producers. But it has definitely done harm to people

> living in the areas most affected in the Ukraine, Bjelarussia and Russia.

Who are you talking about?

> Jim, the criterion of harm is not only restricted to death. You obviously

Right.

> have not experienced harm like immobility, thyroid misfunction, cardiac

> infarction etc.

What does whether I did or not have to do with anything?

>I wish you that you will never experience it. In my opínion

> any other harm cannot be neglected. But of course you will find an

> argumentation, that there have not been any adverse effects. Don't you think

> that your statements harm the interests of collegues, who want to have a

> balanced discussion on nuclear  issues?

No. I and others that apply science and evidence that provide any 'balance'

to the radiation fear-mongers (and those self-serving "colleagues" who use

"radiation fear" to defraud politicians of the public's funds for NO health

and safety benefits.)

> Yes, you do not agree with me, please tick the approriate box....

> Franz

Thanks, Franz.

Regards, Jim