Re: [Know_Nukes] Re: Chernobyl remembered - article

Hi Maury,

    The number of people who died and continue to die from Chernobyl is

open to speculation. I've seen numbers on radsafe ranging from 0 to 100

to the low thousands. I've seen numbers on other lists ranging into the

tens of thousands and more (see Dr Bertell).

   You all on radsafe have discussed this in great detail. My personal

opinion is that 15 to 30 thousand is the low range of worldwide deaths

due to Chernobyl. In reality we'll never know the exact figure.

norm

--

Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr

Ave., Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8583 or 609-601-8537;

ncohen12@comcast.net  UNPLUG SALEM WEBSITE:

http://www.unplugsalem.org/  COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE WEBSITE:

http://www.coalitionforpeaceandjustice.org   The Coalition for Peace and

Justice is a chapter of Peace Action.

"First they ignore you; Then they laugh at you; Then they fight you;

Then you win. (Gandhi) "Why walk when you can fly?"  (Mary Chapin

Carpenter)