RE: FLYOVER SHOWS INDIAN POINT'S A SITTING DUCK

 From: Tim [mailto:tstead@ntirs.org]

> O.K., that makes sense.  I agree that many people were

> harmed as a result of Chernobyl due to nothing but

> stress.  Heck, thousands of unborn children were

Especially the 'stresses' of unwarranted fear promulgated by rad protectionists; and the effect of being unnecessarily relocated promulgated by the same people (at a dose limit less than the AVG terrestrial dose in Norway - much less high dose areas!)

> harmed when their mothers aborted them.  Then you have

100,000+?

> the grieving that goes along with such a loss.  That

> can be a harm also.

> The question is, though, was more harm done as a

> result of unsubstantiated, groundless, and baseless

> fears of all things nuclear or were the actions taken

> by people warranted?  Was some of it warranted but

Virtually none 'warranted.' The 'warranted' actions, early evacuation of nearby residents, and interdicting iodine-contaminated foods, were not done.

> other actions not?  How much of the unwarranted

> actions were a direct result of the anti-nuclear

> fearmongerers?  How much of that harm can you lay at

The rad-protectionists were the fear-mongers. Anti-nukes have no influence except by the complicity of the rad-protectionists (as described by Lauriston Taylor as 'an immoral application of our scientific heritage').

> the feet of the anti-nuclear movement and how much can

> be laid at the feet of the USSR?  I'd say they are

You can argue USSR 'caused' the accident, and failed a timely response. The real damage to the public was by the int'l rad protectionists. The leaders that know and suppress the data are directly responsible.

> equally culpable...more so the USSR government since

> it was their lackluster attitude towards safety that

> caused the accident to begin with.

> I firmly believe that the RBMKs were a disaster

> waiting to happen and if it would not have been

> Chernobyl, it would have been another one of their

> plants sometime later.

> Despite all the arguments about the effects of

> Chernobyl, I still would not have wanted to have been

> around the plant when it blew.  I defy anyone to

> honestly say that, knowing then what they know now,

> they would not have minded one bit to have been

> travelling near the plant when it blew.

How do you define 'near'? :-)

http://health.yahoo.com