EUROPE'S CHOICE: NUCLEAR "DANGERS" OR GLOBAL WARMING

From another list server an interesting pro-nuclear statement from Europe. Worth reading.

Stewart Farber
email: SAFarberMSPH@cs.com
Intro:

EUROPE'S CHOICE: NUCLEAR DANGERS OR GLOBAL WARMING

PAMPLONA, Spain, May 1, 2002 (ENS) - Governments must overcome public concerns about nuclear energy if the European Union is to comply with its Kyoto Protocol commitments, European Energy and Transport Commissioner Loyola de Palacio warned an informal meeting of EU energy ministers in Pamplona on Sunday. Under the protocol, EU countries must cut the emission of six greenhouse gases linked to global warming by 2012.

Click here for full article on Nuclear Power or Global Warming
For full text and graphics visit: http://ens-news.com/ens/may2002/2002L-05-01-03.html

from above article:
"We have to choose," said de Palacio. "If we give up nuclear energy, we will not comply with Kyoto." "We need to make an enormous effort," she said, "to convince the public about the benefits of nuclear energy."