RE: Tooth Fairy Project - NY Times - some responses

I'd prefer to think its the wine, but  infant mortality is directly related to 3 important issues: 1) pre-natal health care, 2) socio-economic class and 3)education of the mother-to-be.  In states that have made significant effort to expand pre-natal health care and education of mothers-to-be, you have seen  dramatic decreases in infant mortality.  These are numbers that are available from each state. although I guess those folks are part of the nuclear cover conspiracy as well.

P.Milligan

301-415-2223 (ps...my thoughts only.....)

>>> "Jacobus, John (OD/ORS)" <jacobusj@ors.od.nih.gov> 05/02/02 03:19PM >>>

Do you think the lower infant mortality rate is due to better health care?

Maybe its the wine?

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist