Re: Radiation Causes Mutations for Several Generations

-----------snip

> The report should not raise doubts about the safety of medical radiation,

> because "the kind of doses you get medically do not cause mutations," Setlow

> says.

-----------snip

That kind of makes the whole thing moot, don't you think?  Since medical

doses are orders of magnitude more than anything from Sellafield, there

will be no mutations.

-----------snip

> humans, providing, for example, a plausible explanation for the apparent

> leukemia cluster near Sellafield nuclear plant." The plant is in England.

Therefore, this "plausible" explanation is dribble.  I can, with equal

or greater validity, speculate that the data in the cited study was

actually collected by the mice, who appreciate the comfy lifestyle they

have at the lab and would like to provide for their subsequent

generations by ensuring a steady flow of research funds.

	Gary Isenhower

	713-798-8353

	garyi@bcm.tmc.edu