Re: get real - Did it happen? Back on topic

Title: get real - Did it happen? Far off topic
Everyone in this thread made some comment about whether or not animals are mistreated. I don't see how this is relevant.

Anyone who uses terror and intimidation to try to modify someone's lawful activity is a terrorist. This includes assaulting researchers as well as ramming people's boats. Your real or perceived grievance is completely irrelevant. There are other ways to address your grievance. (I'm not accusing any particular organization of engaging in these activities. Someone else can decide that.)

If you are drunk and stupid and throw a brick through a McDonalds window, that's one thing. But if you do it to intimidate the owner to give up his franchise, you are a terrorist and should be treated as such.

The question that the original post raised was : Should the taxpayer be forced to finance this activity by granting these organizations tax exempt status? - Probably not.

What about groups that engage in illegal activity which is not intended to terrorize? Examples would be "rescuing" research animals or trespassing on a NPP to show its vulnerability. - I think in these cases one should look at each organization and see what proportion of the organization's activity are illegal and to what extent.

Hey, just my thoughts - I never claimed to be an expert in tax law.

Kai

Kai Kaletsch
Environmental Instruments Canada Inc.
http://www.eic.nu