RE: get real radsafers!

As was stated, would PETA, ALF, ELF, Greanpeace, etc. rather have human

subjects used for research to benefit mankind?  I would personally not like

to see this come about.  Is it anyone's legal right to take the law as they

interpret it into their hands?  I imagine the people on this list would give

a resounding NO to this question.  I too have seen some of the deplorable

living conditions that some of these test subjects are subject to.  However,

to brand all research facilities as doing this is WRONG.  That is what these

organizations are doing.  To try to harm a human to "protect" an animal is

usually considered wrong.

	Anyone who has experience in the world knows that some research to

find solutions to human ailments is not going to be without some ugly

situations.  I am sure that these are kept to a minimum.

	To try to harm humans while fishing, logging, or hunting is wrong.

I do not know what my actions would be if I had to decide how vigorously to

protect myself from an assault while I was doing something legal, whether it

is pursuing leisure activities or in my workplace.

	I am also willing to wager that all members of the listed groups are

not vegetarians. (I wonder where this discussion would lead)

	The French government took care of a problem years ago, and it saved

them quite a bit of security money.  Maybe other governments should follow

their lead.

Chris A. Marthaller, RRPT

Sr. Training Coordinator, WIPP

(505) 234-8661

Chris.Marthaller@wipp.ws

I alone am to blame for my statements.

"If we keep doing what we are doing, we will keep getting what we are

getting." ANON