Re: HELP!!

Yes, as Peter points out, the first step is to know what the exact

pharmaceutical was. Then one needs to know the stage of pregnancy and the

amount of activity (which you seem to have). I refer you to the RADAR

(Radiation Dose Assessment Resource) web site

(http://www.doseinfo-radar.com) for a lot of freely accessible information

on fetal dose from radiopharmaceuticals. There's a fair amount of other

useful information on this site as well. Specifically on this topic, see the

Internal Sources - Nuclear Medicine page

(http://www.doseinfo-radar.com/RADAR-INT-NM.html) - about half way down

there are a number of data tables giving dose estimates for the embryo/fetus

from nuclear medicine procedures.

I will also take the opportunity to point out that an AAPM/HPS standard on

calculating fetal dose in a number of applications (diagnostic x-ray,

nuclear medicine, radiation therapy, and occupational settings) is nearing

completion, and will be covered in 4 talks at the upcoming HPS meeting in

Tampa. Input from all interested parties is sought on making this standard

as useful as possible to the community.

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 343-0068