Re: ILLINOIS RADIOGRAPHER RECEIVED 15 SIEVERT (1,5

Sandy,

Don't be so sensitive about comments from Bill, this is his typical soapbox.

You have done and continue to do an outstanding service to the list by your

postings.  We all have issues that require our comments and radiography

accidents are some of the most preventable in the radiation protection

industry but continue to happen for the same cause.

It is obvious that the radiographer in this situation knew that he violated

procedure by not verifying the shielded position of the source after an

exposure.  This has been the case for hundreds of high exposure events in

the radiography industry.

There continues to be a need for better training, monitoring, supervision,

etc. in radiography operations.  There continues to be a need for Bill's

comments each time there is another one.  There is a need for us to press

the issue here and in other forums where we have access to the people that

regulate radiographers.

Tom O'Dou