Censorship at Unplugsalem (was: whatever...)

As I have stated before, posts to Unplugsalem are welcome here at

Know_Nukes.  Unplug is ruled by an evil dictator.  Norm censors 80 to 90

percent of my posts there, and I've come to just accept it.  If you don't

post the "Official Truth", you'll be silenced, even if it is directly

related to the Salem NPP.  Many others have concurred.  This, despite the

expressed views of Unplug's membership responding to Norm's poorly-designed

poll that his membership voted 3-to-1 in favor of hearing from pro-nukes.

See:

Apparently, Norm thinks that erroneous statements about Salem's structural

integrity are on-topic, while any factual correction about it is not.  Of

course, here at Know_Nukes, on-topic views are not censored.   Anything

nuclear is welcome, regardless of whether it is pro-, anti-, or somewhere in

between.  Norm is proof of that.  Even his entirely silly, off-topic posts

are let though, consistent with the group guidelines.

I have nothing but utmost respect for the moderators of downwinders,

abolition-caucus, nucnews, green-energy-options, environment, radsafe, etc.

that let Norm's and my on-topic posts go through.  Norm and I could learn a

lot from them.  I already have.

I suspect that the pursestrings that hold Norm together have a lot to do

with his cowardly behavior.  Shame on you, Norm, you spineless chicken

jellyfish pawn of the anti-nuke industry!

Jim

P.S.  This post, like countless others, was sent to Unplug, but you won't

see it there.

---------[Begin just one of many censored posts] ----------------

To : UnplugSalem@yahoogroups.com

Subject : Re: Princeton Univ study on Salem Nukes and Terrorism

>From: "Scott D. Portzline" <sportzline@comcast.net>

>Ray,

>Yeah you're right about "crush strength". I wasn't familiar with that term

>but knew it was meaningless anyhow.

Hi Wayne.  Hi, Garth.

"Crush strength" is meaningless?  That would insult even the most untutored

concrete professional.

Perhaps a little experiment is called for.  Get yerself a big ol' sledge

hammer and go out and whack at a thick concrete slab.  See those dents you

put in the surface?  That's where the concrete was crushed.  Google,

concrete "crush strength", 137 hits.  My number of ~5000 psi came from the

NRC-approved FSAR.

>>From: "Raymond Shadis" <shadis@ime.net>

>>Scott,

>>Good response. Also, Re: Jim's critique- What the heck is "crush"

>>strength

>>of concrete? None of my engineering texts speak of "crush" strength.

>>As you may know, the full Princeton report is 132 pages long, a Woodrow

>>Wilson School student project and chock full of solid information and

>>references. If all that Jim could find wrong with it is included in his

>>critique, it's worth at least a B+.

No, Jim found many more errors, as I said.  I'm sure you could find them if

you looked.  I might point them out in the future, at a time I feel is

appropriate.

The rest of your unsubstantiated, similarly-erroneous comments snipped.

BTW, if you are interested in Von Hippel's response, see

Later, unworthy dudes.  [Strumming air guitar]

Jim

---------[End just one of many censored posts] ----------------

http://www.hotmail.com

Hello,

A message has been sent to the UnplugSalem group from

  jim_hoerner@hotmail.com

A complete copy of this message has been attached for your convenience.

This message requires your approval for one of the following reasons:

* Your group is set to moderate all messages from this user, OR

* Your group is set to moderate messages from all users

To approve or reject this messages using the web, please visit

To approve this message using email, reply to this message. You do not

need to attach the original message, just reply and send.

To reject this message using email, forward this message to

UnplugSalem-reject-Y2HfXBVMeMT0HnoC@yahoogroups.com

Thank you for choosing Yahoo! Groups as your email group

service for the UnplugSalem group.

Regards,

Yahoo! Groups Customer Care

>    From: "Scott D. Portzline" <sportzline@comcast.net>

>Ray,

>Yeah you're right about "crush strength". I wasn't familiar with that term

>but knew it was meaningless anyhow.

Hi Wayne.  Hi, Garth.

"Crush strength" is meaningless?  That would insult even the most untutored

concrete professional.

Perhaps a little experiment is called for.  Get yerself a big ol' sledge

hammer and go out and whack at a thick concrete slab.  See those dents you

put in the surface?  That's where the concrete was crushed.  Google,

concrete "crush strength", 137 hits.  My number of ~5000 psi came from the

NRC-approved FSAR.

>From: "Raymond Shadis" <shadis@ime.net>

> > Scott,

> >  Good response. Also, Re: Jim's critique- What the heck is "crush"

>strength

> > of concrete? None of my engineering texts speak of "crush" strength.

> > As you may know, the full Princeton report is 132 pages long, a Woodrow

> > Wilson School student project and chock full of solid information and

> > references. If all that Jim could find wrong with it is included in his

> > critique, it's worth at least a B+.

No, Jim found many more errors, as I said.  I'm sure you could find them if

you looked.  I might point them out in the future, at a time I feel is

appropriate.

The rest of your unsubstantiated, similarly-erroneous comments snipped.

BTW, if you are interested in Von Hippel's response, see

Later, unworthy dudes.  [Strumming air guitar]

Jim

Hold the door for the stranger behind you.  When the driver a

half-car-length in front of you signals to get over, slow down.  Smile and

say "hi" to the folks you pass on the sidewalk.  Give blood.  Volunteer.