Re: chirper

At 11:05 AM 5/29/02 -0500, you wrote:

>I called Biodex.  They cost $195 but have been discontinued and there is

>no stock available.  Nice try, though.

>Dave Derenzo, RSO

>University of Illinois at Chicago

Dave (and all who have been following this thread),

You're right--Biodex no longer carries these chirpers, but there IS an

alternative!  SE International has just developed the "SAFE-GUARD", a

GM-tube-based chirper which will chirp with each count and/or alarm at one

of several pre-set values.  Its alarm set-points can be changed with a

rotary switch, but (by design) settings are not easily changed by the

user--to prevent tampering.  I don't think it's on their website yet, but

I'm told the price on it is in the "mid- to upper-$200 range".  I would

guess that you could get more info by calling SE International (931 964

3561; website is www.seintl.com).  (And no, I don't get any commissions by

passing this info along!)

Best to all,

Sharyn