Re: chirper

In a message dated 5/30/02 10:31:18 AM Pacific Daylight Time, publish@RADPRO.COM writes:

SE International has just developed the "SAFE-GUARD", a
GM-tube-based chirper which will chirp with each count and/or alarm at one
of several pre-set values.  Its alarm set-points can be changed with a
rotary switch, but (by design) settings are not easily changed by the
user--to prevent tampering.  I don't think it's on their website yet, but
I'm told the price on it is in the "mid- to upper-$200 range".  I would
guess that you could get more info by calling SE International (931 964
3561; website is www.seintl.com).

Sounds like the kind of device designed to meet the regs.  In my opinion, the chirper should chirp at 100 chirps per mR.  It should NOT have an alarm - it is its own alarm! It should be durable, simple, reliable, not saturate, use a 9V common battery, have no   LCD screens, accumulate no dose numbers,... just chirp.  It should have a nylon case, not metal.  It should be inexpensive because it is simple.  It should chirp at 3000 cps which can almost always be heard in noisy environments.  It should be smaller than a pack of cigaretts and have a simple belt clip.  That's all...

John Andrews
Knoxville, Tennessee