RE: chirper

A built in monitor into the camera is a good idea but would it stand up to the way the cameras get thrown around.

I favour the chirpers for the same reason as Ted, they provide the audible response way before the alarm goes off.

Some of the newer bells and whistle devices are over the top.  I've seen a few radiographers attempting to use the little pocket jobs that provide dose rate as a substitute for a survey meter.

Leif Dahlskog
Radiation Health Section
Department of Health, Western Australia

ph (+61 8) 9346 2260
fax(+61 8) 9381 1423

What I would like to see is a built-in monitor on the camera that monitored the source activity all the time and displayed a green light when the source was in the fully shielded position.  It would display a yellow light when the source was exposed fully and a yellow light when the source was in any transition position.  It could be done easily with a smart monitor that monitored the source activity all the time.  This, with a chirper on the radiographer, would give much better control than we have now.

John Andrews
Knoxville, Tennessee