From: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]On Behalf Of Franz Schoenhofer

Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 2:46 PM

To: Lisa Dufresne; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Subject: Re: scintillator question

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: Lisa Dufresne <lisa.dufresne@seeport.com>

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Donnerstag, 30. Mai 2002 19:31

Betreff: scintillator question

I am researching scintillators for the Department of Energy. I'm not clear

on their use, and in particular, their use in neutron detection. I am trying

to find out how often new scintillators come along, whether there is need

for new and improved scintillators, how these needs are guaged, etc. Also,

who makes such stuff? Do the detector manufactures make it? Thanks for any

and all help.

Lisa Dufresne, PI, Chemical Engineer

Foresight Science & Technology

Lisa,

I see that you work for a company. I further notice from your message, that

your company has a contract with the DOE, which seems to be related to

scintillators. You do not state, whether it is liquids, solids or gas

scintillators. You clearly state that you have no idea about those

scintillators.

May I ask you, how your company could get a contract with DOE on a matter

which they obviously cannot cover? How they even could bid on it? Is this

contract not associated with substantial payments?

What you want, is that RADSAFErs should do your work, for free of course,

while your company earns the money. This is disgusting.

If you want to have some work done by others, give them a sub-contract. I

wait for your offer.

Now, come on, all of you, who think that I am an arrogant European who

denies to work for free to help somebody to earn money herself, and flame

me.

Franz