RE: Welcome to California(

Emil and all,

Yes, I have tried to correlate radioactive concentration of TENORM in soil

with gamma levels at 1 meter above the surface. The several hundred

boreholes showed elevated TENORM concentrations down to about 3-6 feet or

occasionally deeper. The correlation is very scattered due in great part to

the variability of the radioactive concentration, both vertically and

horizontally.

But, you can probably get 100-300 aboveground gamma readings for the cost of

each borehole with lab analysis of 3-5 soil samples at depth.

Regards,

Wes

Wesley R. Van Pelt, PhD, CIH, CHP

Wesley R. Van Pelt Associates, Inc.

Consulting in Radiation Safety and Environmental Radioactivity.

http://home.att.net/~wesvanpelt/Radiation.html

mailto:wesvanpelt@att.net