From: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu [mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]On Behalf Of Phil Rutherford
Sent: 05 June, 2002 08:16
To: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: Re: Welcome to California

 ----
Of course I realize that cerials and dried fruits should  be considered TENORM and are therefore in a different league to fresh bananas, that are just NORM.  Senator Romero's Bill SB 1623 inexplicably excludes TENORM from the definition of "radioactive material" yet requires TENORM to be disposed of to a Class II hazardous waste landfill.